1. Membership benefits are subject to change without notice
2. Discounts to the Gallery Shop and classes are not transferable and will be offered to the named Gallery member only
3. All efforts are made to deliver the program as advertised. Cairns Art Gallery (the Gallery) reserves the right to vary the program and delivery without notification when necessary.
4. Children must be collected promptly from the Gallery at the end of their workshop/class. Children who are not collected promptly on an ongoing basis may be denied class placement in the future
5. No child will be allowed to leave the Gallery without prior written permission from a parent/guardian
6. Class payment secures booking. Bookings will not be held without payment
7. Participants will be offered a full refund if the class is cancelled by Cairns Art Gallery. Participants who cancel up to 72 hours prior to the class will be refunded 90% of their class fee (Cairns Art Gallery reserves the right to charge a 10% administration fee on refunds). Within 72 hours of the class, refunds will not be given if a participant changes their mind, however classes may be transferred to a friend.
8. Parent/guardian is responsible for providing acurate information regarding alergies/medication requirements.
9. In the event of behavioural problems where participants are disruptive to or pose a danger to themselves, Gallery property, or others in the group, Cairns Art Gallery carers will contact legal guardians and advise immediate collection of the participant.
10. Cairns Art Gallery reserves the right to not accept students into programs or remove students enrolled in programs, who may pose a threat to other participants, carers or staff during the workshops.
Participants or their legal guardians are fully responsible for medication requirements.
Cairns Art Gallery staff or workshop teachers are not authorised to administer medication unless in emergency situations involving the safety of individuals or groups under their care.
Legal guardians of participants requiring medication must provide (in writing) arrangements for the administering of medication including:
These requirements must be met before participants are accepted into Cairns Art Gallery workshop programs.
The Cairns Art Gallery Child Protection Policy and Staff Code of Conduct are available on request for further information.
The Cairns Art Gallery acknowledges the Gimuy Walubarra Yidinji and Yirrganydji as the Traditional Owners of the area today known as Cairns. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people should be aware that this website may contain images, names or voices of deceased persons in photographs, film or text.